Pages

Monday, August 25, 2014

Quick Baked Pasta


That up there is my family's current absolute favorite meal. I say current because that seems to change every time I turn around. However, this seems to be a contender for favorite of all time. I mean we have eaten this twice in a weeks time. WHAT? That is crazy go nuts in my family. Best part? It is 4 ingredients. So lets hope it stays high on the list. Quick and easy- just how I like it! 

Quick Baked Pasta

1 lb pasta- we use rigatoni
1 lb italian sausage
1lb ball mozzarella cheese, cubed
1 jar pasta sauce

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Cook pasta until al dente. While pasta is boiling cook and crumble sausage until it is no longer pink. Mix pasta, sauce, mozzarella cheese and sausage in pasta pot until well combined. Pour into 9x13 pan and bake 30 minutes or until cheese is melted.

I leave the sausage in rather large hunks. That is how we like it. I also cook the pasta until a pretty firm al dente. We like it to be a little less mushy when cooked and it continues to cook while it is baking in the oven. One last thing! If you like your food a little more saucy- add more sauce and cover with foil before baking. We like it crisp so we leave the foil off.     

No comments:

Post a Comment