Pages

Friday, August 22, 2014

Health tip-Laughter is great medicine!!



I have Hidradenitis suppurativa. (hi-drad-uh-NIE-tis sup-yoo-ruh-TIE-vuh)Its a mouthful!! It will flare if I am under either physical or emotional stress. (and it is not pretty)  I have discovered that laughter is very much necessary for my own health and I need it every single day!!
Check out what laughter can do for you and me...

Laughter brings the mind and body back into balance.

Laughter relaxes the whole body. A good, hearty laugh relieves physical tension and stress, leaving your muscles relaxed for up to 45 minutes after.



Laughter boosts the immune system.

Laughter decreases stress hormones and increases immune cells and infection-fighting antibodies, thus improving your resistance to disease.

Laughter triggers the release of endorphins, the body’s natural feel-good chemicals. Endorphins promote an overall sense of well-being and can even temporarily relieve pain.

Laughter protects the heart.

Laughter improves the function of blood vessels and increases blood flow, which can help protect you against a heart attack and other cardiovascular problems.

I am very lucky to come from a very laughy (I think i just made up a word) family. Both my siblings and my children are some of the funnest and funniest people I know. My dad tells amazing jokes and my mom makes me giggle just by being her cute self. My hubby has a laugh that gets me laughing just because he is...even if I have no idea what he is laughing at. (who are we kidding it is me a good portion of the time with out me even trying. Just living. I seem to crack him up. No idea what I do, but it makes me so so happy to hear him laugh) 

Lets all keep laughing my friends! Its important!
I know I will and do!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment