Pages

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

The Candy mummy-An easy DIY treat or favor for you favorite Halloween Monsters

My Mom made these Mummy treats for my family years ago and we loved them so much! 
Aren't they cute!?! 
She is the most wonderful mother any girl could ask for and I love her with all of my heart! My Mom is very elegant and amazing and made holidays unforgettable long before Martha or Pinterest even existed. 
She is one of my very best friends and I love continuing on the traditions she began with my own family.  


Here is what you will need for one Mummy....


Rolled gauze (This roll made about 2.5 mummies and was wider than I wanted but the more narrow gauze was out of stock)
double stick tape
1 snickers bar
2 werthers candies or any round hard candy
1 Hershey nugget
2 wiggly eyes
scissors

The first thing you'll need to do is cut the "tails" off the candy.



Next with the double stick tape add one of the werthers to the snickers bar to form the head and one to the end to make the feet.
Tape the nugget to form the arms to the snickers bar.
Wrap with the gauze to your liking mummy style using the tape to secure where needed. Last but not least add eyeballs. 

CUTE!!



Thanks Mom!
Loves 
Emily




No comments:

Post a Comment