Pages

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

8 weeks



This is going to be one of those posts about weight loss and feelings and stuff. Just warning you! Yesterday I started a 8 week weight loss program with a personal trainer. She also happens to be my friend which makes it super awesome. This has been a long time coming. I don't want to get too into the details and the emotions that brought me to this place but I will say that it got to the point where something had to give. I was clearly unhappy with my health. I haven't felt good for a long while. I had my heart checked and had a super basic physical. There was nothing wrong but my weight. Nothing wrong but the way I have been treating my body. I have yo-yo dieted for my whole adult life. Up, down, up, down but never really making any real changes. 




So I am committing to 8 weeks. 8 weeks of making the right choices for me. It should be awesome, right?! I am still trying to convince myself. Something has changed in me though. Something has clicked. Usually when I start a weight loss program I get antsy. I start worrying about what I can't eat. That is a bad place to be! This time is different. I feel calm.  



You know the craziest part? I am less worried about my weight and more worried about how I am going to feel. I want to feel good physically at the end of this. That is not to say that I don't intend to weigh myself. I am going to be weighing myself once a week and doing my measurements the entire 8 weeks. There is something about having the number on the scale go down that is super motivating when you really want to give up. Not too mention that when you send your weight and measurements to a good friend you want those numbers to go down every week. Holy motivation yo! 

Would anyone be interested in updates? I love reading about peoples weight loss journeys!

Peace out!  -AnneMarie

1 comment: