Pages

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Vampire Pumpkins




AAAHHHH! Vampire pumpkins! Ha! My mom and I made a bunch of these guys last year. They were a huge hit so of course I am going to make them every year now. Traditions, you know? As you can probably already tell they are crazy easy to make. But I will show you how anyway!


Gather your supplies. All you need are ornamental size pumpkins, cheap vampire teeth and a knife. I just used a steak knife but you can use the ones from the pumpkin carving kits too. 


I used a marker to mark a couple guide lines around my teeth. 


Then cut it out. The piece popped out relatively easily. I did have to trim quite a bit more from the hole to make the teeth really fit. You want them in there snug but now tight.  



And voila! Vampire pumpkins! I have a couple suggestions when making them. Make them closer to Halloween. You don't want moldy or rotten pumpkins before the big day. Clean out as many of the seeds and insides as you can to help prevent mold. You can also spray the inside of the hole with a mix of half water and half bleach. That helps a ton with rot. 

I am thinking some of these little guys need googly eyes! Big ones! Maybe some blood dripping down their chin? I love Halloween.

Peace out- AnneMarie  

No comments:

Post a Comment