Pages

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Vanilla Simple Syrup

I have a simple and quick recipe today. Vanilla simple syrup. Simple syrup can make a big difference in the recipes you make. I mostly use it for tea and cocoa. It can also be used in cocktails and mocktails. It is a great way to sweeten and add a little oomph of flavor to iced tea because it doesn't need to dissolve. No more sugar crystals at the bottom of your sun tea jar! Simple syrup is crazy easy to make and in my opinion it is totally worth the 20 minutes it takes to cook up.

Look at those lovely brown flecks!


Vanilla Simple Syrup

1 cup sugar
1 cup water
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste

Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan. Add vanilla. Cook over medium heat until it comes to a boil. Boil 10-15 minutes. Cool and store in airtight container. Keeps for one week in the fridge. Enjoy!



One comment: you can use vanilla extract instead of pure vanilla bean paste. I would encourage using the paste. Emily and my mom turned me on to vanilla bean paste and holy bananas! It is good. I admit that in baked goods I can't tell the difference between the paste and the extract. However in something like the simple syrup you can taste the difference. Plus I love the color and the vanilla flecks in it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment