Pages

Thursday, July 17, 2014

cloth napkin tutorial round up

We use a lot of napkins and paper towels around our house. They are convenient and easy to use and killing our planet..... dun dun dun! But seriously they are bad for the environment. I feel guilty every time I throw one away. So I have been gathering cloth napkins that I find for a good price to replace our paper napkins. We have also started trying to get into the habit of using plain white tea towels instead of paper towels. I have been buying them like a sucker! Why not make a bunch? I have a ton of scrap fabric that I need to bust through. So this weekend I want to sew a bunch up. Using one of these tutorials. To be totally honest I will probably try one of each and whichever one is that absolute easiest that is the one I will use. Keep in mind that these are just a drop in the bucket of the amount of tutorials that there are for cloth napkins on the webs.

This is a great tutorial from Gingercake

I love the simple explanation of making mitered corners in this tutorial by Nicole's Classes. It made it click all of the sudden for me!

This one from A Beautiful Mess isn't totally a tutorial but there is a quick explanation of how to make them. I love the mismatched napkins and the cute basket to hold them!

And if you don't feel like making any:


I had to add skull ones because I love them!!

These unbleached cotton ones are beautiful. 

Last but not least simple white ones!

Would you or do you use cloth napkins? Have you made them or bought them? I am so excited to make some and start using them. Now how to store them is my next quest.





No comments:

Post a Comment