Pages

Monday, June 16, 2014

Key Lime Pie

My hubby loves lime! So to be the good wife I aspire to be, I am always looking for ways to deliver the limey goodness he enjoys! 
Welcome to Key Lime Pie! 
Easy and delish! 
I must say when I use the term easy that does NOT include attempting to juice a bag o key limes. Those yummy sweethearts each gave about a tsp of juice a piece and with this recipe calling for 3/4 C of lime juice I would suggest:

A)have some lime juice on hand so when you get tired of juicing you can make up the difference and get on with it  
B) recruiting help (my dear hubs was and angel and did the juicing)  
C) pop a half a lime into a garlic press and squeeze for the quickest results.

OR if you aren't too concerned with having actual fresh key lime juice just buy enough key limes for the zest and use all bottled lime juice.

KEY LIME PIE
1 nine inch graham cracker crust
2 cans sweetened condensed milk
1/2 C sour cream
3/4 C lime juice
1 TBS lime zest

Pre heat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl combine sweetened condensed milk, sour cream, lime juice and lime zest. Mix well. Pour into crust. Bake for 5-8 min until little pin sized bubbles pop on the surface of the pie. DO NOT BROWN. Chill and serve. Adding whipped cream is a lovely touch too I might add!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment