Pages

Friday, June 20, 2014

A camping hack!! What? No more dishes!! YES!


 Awh camp sweet camp....Our family loves camping!! We love being together and disconnecting from all the devices and truly enjoying each other. Look....we even carved our sentiments into the sand.  Awwwhhhhh......................................

Cute right?? Yep. I love camping BUT....I really hate (oh wait my mama told me not to say hate) OK...I really strongly dislike, with a passion, washing dishes while camping. Needless to say not ideal and kinda yucky actually.  Well....once again necessity being a mother...here is my solution. (with the help and giant brain of my cute hubs we make a great team he and I; I must say) 
First we added about half an inch to an inch of water to the bottom of our cooking pan.  Then we put a Reynolds crock pot liner (you know those things intended to keep your crock pot/slow cooker clean)into the bottom of the pot over the water like you see below.  As you can see, its not made to fit inside our smaller than a crock pot pan, but it really does work. I promise. I will let the pictures do the rest of the talking....






BEAUTIFUL!! 
Please note we have only tested this over the camp stove. No idea what other cooking methods would do....Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment