Pages

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Baconated Green Beans

I have a pretty good handle on main dishes come dinner time. I can whip up a bunch of frozen chicken breasts with gusto. Give me some pork chops and I can wow you. That being said my side dish repertoire is a little lacking. I am working on it though!  Hence this recipe. Now I like to think that this is healthy but really it isn't. I use a lot of bacon in it. The amounts are just suggestions. You can reduce the amount of bacon. It is crazy good like this though!


Baconated Green Beans

24 oz fresh green beans prepared for cooking
12 oz bacon
1 med onion, diced 

Boil six quarts of water in medium pot. Throw in green beans and bring back to boil for 4-5 minutes. Take green beans out and immediately cool down in an ice bath. Cook and crumble bacon. Remove bacon from skillet and all but 1 tbsp bacon grease. Saute onion until translucent. Mix green beans, bacon and onion in serving dish. Enjoy! 



You want to cool the beans down immediately after they are cooked. That helps them keep that bright green color. I cheated a little too! I bought onion that was already chopped. It is a little more expensive but the time and effort it saves is worth it in my eyes. It makes getting dinner on the table that much easier.  

No comments:

Post a Comment