Pages

Monday, June 23, 2014

French Fry Pizza

I keep telling myself that I am going to start eating healthier. It is a constant reel going on in my head. But then, oh but then, something like this happens:



French fry pizza!!!!!!! Those exclamation points are really necessary because this bad boy is awesome! It is definitely a once in a while treat. Let me tell you first hand that it is worth the calories. The crunch of the crust and the cheesiness of the cheese and the yum of the fries...... It is a thing of beauty. We used cheese pizza but I am sure that it would be great with other kinds. The cheese seemed to help "glue" it all together however. We also used shoe string fries because really that seemed logical. Steak fries seemed like they would be a little too hefty. Plus I can't ever seem to get the crinkle ones crispy. So on to the recipe? Like that is really necessary but here we go! 



French Fry Pizza

1 Digiorno Pizzeria style cheese pizza
1/3 bag Ore Ida frozen shoestring fries

Bake up the french fries to the longest time given on package instructions. Layer hot fries on top of frozen pizza. Bake according to longest time on pizza package instructions. Pull out of oven and let cool for a few minutes. Cut up and enjoy! 


Really you can use any fries and any pizza. I really loved that specific Digiorno pizza because of the extra herbs and spices on it. And the fries crisped up and then melded really well with the pizza. Don't expect the fries to be crisp on the pizza though because they really aren't. The pieces that are hanging off the edge and up in the air will be! Crunchy little surprises. The pizzas instructions said to put the it right on the oven rack which would probably make it even more crisp but I didn't want fries falling off and starting on fire in the bottom of the oven so we went the safe route and put it on a pan. I am sure it would be delicious and just fine right on the rack. 



No comments:

Post a Comment