Pages

Monday, September 15, 2014

Polka Dot Pumpkins

Nick keeps telling me that it is too early to start decorating for Halloween. I disagree considering that October 1st is only two weeks away! I can't wait but I am trying to be considerate of the halloween scrooge in my life. Every holiday I try to buy a new piece of decor and make a new piece of decor SO to tide myself over ,until I can go decorating crazy, I have been obsessively looking at Halloween decorations. 

I found some really cute resin pumpkins that were covered in polka dots. But guess what? They were 25 bucks a piece! WHAT?! Maybe I am cheap but I thought that was a little high. 


So check it out! I made some of my own. All I did was paint paper mache pumpkins with orange and black paint. After they were painted I polka dotted them with pencil erasers dipped in paint! That is my favorite method for doing polka dots. Easy peasy! That is why I didn't do step by step pictures. I didn't do anything revolutionary. Slap some paint on and call it good! 

 A little info: Michaels and Joanns both have paper mache pumpkins in the stores. However, I couldn't find them on either website so I didn't link. I used Americana brand paint in the color jack-o-lantern for the orange one and I wouldn't recommend it. Even after priming the pumpkin with white paint the orange paint still needed 4 coats to give it enough coverage. It just seemed like a low quality, thin paint. So I would go with something else. Also expect to use a lot of paint! The paper mache just soaked it up. Makes sense since it is paper and all. 

What halloween crafts are in your future? 

Peace out- AnneMarie     



No comments:

Post a Comment