Pages

Monday, September 29, 2014

Asian Inspired Salad

I am one of those people that loves salad once I am eating it but I rarely go out and choose it. You know what I mean? We had dinner with some friends the other night and she made this awesome asian-esque salad to balance the ribs she made. The tang really cut the fat of the ribs in the perfect way. It was delicious!! So the next day I made my own version. 



Mmmmm, right? So pretty!

Asian Inspired Salad

Salad:
1/2 head Napa cabbage
1/4-1/2 head of red cabbage 
1 yellow pepper 
1 red bell pepper 
2 cups sugar snap peas
1 bunch cilantro

Dressing:
1 tbsp sugar
1 knuckle ginger
3 cloves garlic
1-3 tbsp soy sauce
1/2-1 cup sesame oil
1/2-1 cup rice wine vinegar

Chop all the salad ingredients into bite sized pieces and mix in a large bowl. For dressing put garlic and ginger in food processor and chop until fine. Add all other dressing ingredients and blend until combined. Pour dressing over salad greens and serve immediately. 


*this salad lasts in the fridge without the dressing on it for a couple days. Just throw a moistened paper towel over the top and store. 
*chopped up rotisserie chicken is awesome in this salad
*ingredients in dressing are to taste. I use more like a thumb sized piece of ginger because we love it so much.




No comments:

Post a Comment