Pages

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers

So the Super Bowl is Sunday, yeah? You know how that one team and that other one are playing against each other for... something? If that didn't show you how little I care about the Super Bowl then I am not sure what else could. I DO love Super Bowl parties though. The food! The commercials! The yelling! That stuff is the stuff that life is all about. Commercials, food and yelling with the people I love. Mostly just the food and the people I love. Well anywho... here is my all time favorite Super Bowl appetizer.


Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers!



Those three ingredients turn into spicy little bites of bliss.



First you cut the stem off the jalapeños. Then cut them in half the long way. Once that is done you cut out the ribs and seeds. 


Next you stuff them with cream cheese. All the way full!


Wrap them in bacon.


And then bake them up right. YUM!!


Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers

8 good sized jalapeños
1 8oz package cream cheese
12 oz package of bacon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cover rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut the stem end off jalapeños then cut them in half lengthwise. Cut out all the ribs and seeds. Take cream cheese and fill each jalapeño half until all the way full. Wrap each half with a piece of bacon. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until bacon starts to crisp. Serve warm or room temperature. 

Tips! Avoid maple bacon because that is yucky. I had to cut a few pieces of bacon in half to have enough to do all 8 jalapeños but it didn't seem to make a difference. In reality you could do twice as many jalapeños if you cut all the bacon in half. Other than that you can't really go wrong. Oh and make sure to thoroughly wash your hands after handling the jalapeños. I thought I was thorough and then ended up rubbing my eyes and my world caught fire! So please be careful.

What are your favorite Super Bowl recipes? I need a good wing recipe!

Peace Out- AnneMarie

No comments:

Post a Comment