Pages

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Greek Quinoa Salad

After Tuesdays DIY debacle I needed a win. And here it is! I know this salad is a winner. It is delicious and healthy. I love that it is a vegetarian but chock full of protein. Quinoa is one of my favorite super foods! 




Greek Quinoa Salad

10 oz. package of spinach
10 oz. package of halved grape tomatoes
1/2 red onion chopped
2 english cucumber chopped 
4 cups cooked red quinoa
8 oz. greek vinaigrette
1 can olives
Feta cheese to taste.

Mix all the ingredients except feta. Top with Feta on individual portions to taste.


This salad is great because it is really easy to customize. I prefer kalamata olives but the kids prefer plain black. That means we do plain black. I would rather them eat it with black olives than to refuse it with kalamata. We like red quinoa but any quinoa would be great. It would be good with yellow or white onion as well. You can use regular cucumber but I prefer the english cucumber because they don't seem to get as bitter.  


ut .

No comments:

Post a Comment