Pages

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Crepes-Or Roll up pancakes


When I was a little girl my mom would make what we called "Roll Up Pancakes". 
I was much older before I discovered that the rest of the world called these tubes of goodness crepes. 
Crepe is a french word which means food that will make you think you have died and gone to heaven. 
I have passed the love of roll up pancakes/Crepes onto my kids too. They love them as much as I do!  
We have been known to eat these babies for dinner and they are occasionally requested as a birthday dinner. 
Yes. 
Seriously. 
This is one of those quadruple the recipe kinda recipes. 
The awesome thing is that they are very budget friendly and beautifully simple.  They are also a blank canvas waiting to be filled but we purest people here love just butter and powdered sugar. Its the way my mama filled them for me of course!!

Crepes
Makes 8 (but in our house we x4.)
4 eggs, lightly beaten
 1 1/3 cups milk
 2 tablespoons butter, melted
 1 cup all-purpose flour
 2 tablespoons white sugar
 1/2 teaspoon salt

In large bowl, mix together eggs, milk, melted butter, flour sugar and salt until smooth.
Heat a medium-sized skillet or crepe pan over medium heat. Grease pan with a small amount of butter. spoon 1/4 to 1/3 C of crepe batter into hot pan. Cook over medium heat, 1 to 2 minutes on a side, or until golden brown. Fill as desired and serve immediately.




Loves 
Emily


No comments:

Post a Comment