Pages

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting

First can I say I am SO thankful for my dear husband and his ability to fix my laptop!! FINALLY I can upload my photos etc and write this post!
OK
My family and I love carrot cake! This was the requested recipe of my sweet Lindsay for her birthday dinner even and it is perfect for the spring and Easter time etc! I have baked and baked and baked this recipe and it would always fall.  I have FINALLY found the right combo after much trial and error to keep it from falling. I hope it works for you too! With out further ado here she is...

CARROT CAKE with Cream Cheese Frosting
4 eggs
 1 cup vegetable oil
 2 cups white sugar
 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
 2 cups all-purpose flour
 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
 1/2 teaspoon salt
 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
 3 cups grated carrots 

 For Frosting
 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
 4 cups confectioners' sugar
 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
a pinch of salt

Preheat oven to 3o0 degrees F (175 degrees C). (it is really important that the oven is preheated!) Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.
In a large bowl, beat together eggs, oil, white sugar and 2 teaspoons vanilla. Mix in flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Stir in carrots. Pour into prepared pan.
Bake in the preheated oven for 55 to 65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
For Frosting: Mix cream cheese. powdered sugar, vanilla paste, and salt together until smooth. Frost onto the cooled carrot cake.


No comments:

Post a Comment