Pages

Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Leprechaun Trap Roundup

Do you celebrate St. Patrick's Day? We do in a big way. We have Irish ancestors so why not, right?We do corned beef and cabbage. We wear green. And yeah that's it. HA! Well except that we do set a trap to catch a leprechaun every year. In years past the extent has been a box with a stick. The kids decided they want to go ritzy this year so we've been searching for inspiration on Pinterest. There are some amazing traps out there. Seriously. I am always so impressed by what people come up with. It is going to be hard to pick one but these are our finalists:


This crazy cute slide trap from Grey House Harbor 





This is a great upgrade to our stick and box routine from Crafts by Amanda which I love. How could a leprechaun resist that gold sprinkled rainbow? 





I love this one!!! But of course there was no link to the original on Pinterest. If you recognize it I'd love to link to it. It had to take a bunch of work.





This one from Lia Griffith is so cute! The trap door on the top spins. So clever!





This is another that where there is no link to be found. Please help! How cute is it though? It seems to be a STEM project too. It looks like it actually works. 





I am pretty sure that we are going with something like this. It is a link to flickr but it looks like it is a oatmeal container all fancied up. Love it.


Which would you choose? Are you building a leprechaun trap this year? How do you celebrate? I love new ideas. I know a lot of people think its nuts to go all out on every holiday but I think it is so fun. Holidays are my reward for the day to day hustle of being a mother. 







No comments:

Post a Comment