Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Yummy Tomato Hack

You know the veggie trays that you buy ion the grocery store? Well our family buys one for every holiday or event. We eat them up! Everything except for the cherry tomatoes. To be totally honest I am not even sure why we don't eat them. My husband and I love tomatoes but there they sat until they go bad. It is such a waste to toss them. Not only is it bad for the environment but it is also bad for the wallet. So I figured out what to do with those bad boys. Roast them!


Cut them in half, drizzle them with olive oil and toss with salt and pepper. Then roast in an oven at 400 degrees for 20 or so minutes. Make sure you watch them closely. Tomatoes have a lot of sugar in them so they burn rather easily. 


And wah-lah! Oven roasted tomatoes. They are delicious tossed with pasta and a bit of parmesan. Or sprinkled over some cottage cheese. Or scrambled up with some eggs. Yum! This tip may have been obvious to most people but I am thrilled that it finally occurred to me what to do with them. Do you have any tips to save food? I need all the help I can get. 

No comments:

Post a Comment